THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 10, 2008

Worst allergic reaction I have ever had!

This is what my whole body looked like
I had hives so bad from some unknown reaction that my hand swelled up so bad, that I could not move my fingers
This is what my back looked like
This was on the other side of my back
back of my legs
My upper arm
My leg. It was so itchy. I can't even begin to tell you
My lefs when they were getting better
I know. horrible awful picture, but they were all over my face
My leg after I had taken medication. Much better than before


Okay. I know this is kind of a weird post, but I just want to show you guys how bad I reacted to something unknown, that I still have not figured out. My foot and elbow started itching, and it wouldn't stop on monday night. I didn't think anything of it. I went to bed. I kept scratching all night not knowing it. I woke up the next morning, and had those gash welts all over my body. I had welt hives over my entire body. It was so extremely itchy, than after I would scratch them (I tried not to, but sometimes it got too intense to not) it would feel great, than get really big, and burn and sting! It progressed to a burning rash after awhile. It felt like a severe sunburn and just burned and itched like crazy. The Urgent Care doctor said that I was reacting to something. My pictures seriously do not do justice to how bad it was. My camera almost made the pictures tame. Well, the doctor prescribed me a really strong form of Benadryl. I had to wait at Wal-Mart for 45 minutes for my prescription to get filled. I sat there, not wanting to walk around, or do anything, because I felt like such a freak. People kept staring at me, and I could not hide it. I know how it feels to have a condition, and have people stare at me. A lady behind me in line starting freaking out and talking to the Pharm. tech like I wasn't there, and kept saying "Look at her arms, her face, everywhere!!!! It's everywhere!" I just kind of hung my head and left. The door greeters at Wal-Mart stared at me and just hung their jaws. After I took the medicine, it took a lot of it away, but I still had alot. The next day was a little better, but the same thing. I went back in to Urgent Care, and they said I have such a severe reaction, that they gave me a hydrocortizone shot in my hip. It finally worked. I woke up this morning with no hives. Throughout the day, I had little breakouts of them, but they disappeared pretty quickly. Still doing good. Hopefully it will never come back. The weird thing is, that even though the hives are gone, my body is acting like they are still there, because I am still itchy the same. The itch has not gone away. I am still slathering anti-itch cream on everywhere. Hm.......


4 comments:

The Scherbel Family said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better. That looks miserable!

Hammers said...

YIKES! Any theories on what caused it?

Unknown said...

wow, that looks awful girl! I hope you get better soon:)

Emily said...

Well look who it is! I know you guys! WOW I've seen hives before but NOTHING like that! I hope you figure out what it is so you can avoid it! Well its good to hear about how you crazy kids are doing!