THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 10, 2008

Good to see my family

This log is original when Chaco Canyon was built. Most of the wood is. It is so cool!
Pottery shard I found in the ruins hidden in some dirt and leaves. I left it where I found it
I have never seen a bug like this
my mom and sister in some ruins at Chaco Canyon
If you look close, it looks like an Indian. Eyes, nose, mouth, chin, plus, the feather headress behind him
My sweetheart and my nephew in their "Chief chair"

Pinkerton hot springs
runaway goats at the Honeyville Honey store. Their owners were found
Us girls with our hot turquoise jewelry we got at the flea market
Chaco canyon ruins

Chaco canyon ruins









I was so excited to see my family. They came down on Sept. 18. It took them a whole day to get here, and they were too tired to do anything the first day, so we all just chilled. The second day they were here, we went to Chaco Canyon. We drove 13 miles on dirt, bumpy roads to get there, but it was really cool. Chaco Canyon is where the Aztec Indians went after they left Mesa Verde. It was so interesting. There are a bunch of ruins all in a row down the road. Not just one. I really wanted to find something cool, so I would dig in the little cubby holes in the ruins, and I found a shard of pottery. I thought it was so cool, but I didn't take it, because you can't take artifacts if you find them. It was so huge, and we got to go inside most of the rooms and climb all over the ruins.
The next day, we went to Durango, and went to HOneyville farms, and just played around up there. We arrived and saw some runaway goats that Shawn corraled. It was a mom goat, and her 2 babies. They were so cute. The owners were finally found about an hour later. Good thing. We had a really good time.




No comments: