THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I love my new hobby!!!

Ever since I moved back to Utah, I have tried and done so many fun things!!! Shawn had to stay down in New Mexico for another week and a half after me. He is home now. I decided to try my hand at refinishing furniture. I found an already pretty cute piece and refinished it to look like something different. It was an oak carved piece, and I am not so fond of oak, so my dad and I decided to turn it into a cherry wood looking piece. We made it look a little antique and vintage too. It was really fun. My dad would tell me what to do and start showing me, and I would do it and complete a step, until he had to show me the next step. I loved it! We did it in a few hours. I would love to refinish furniture to look like Habersham furniture. If you don't know what that is, look it up.
Well, enough about that. Shawn and I are now living in Ogden for now, just kind of doing our thing. I have started an online ebay business, and Shawn will be helping to cater a reception center, and pursuing sales of his book early in 2009. We are happy and just going with the flow right now. I would love to refinish furniture and paint, but we will see what will happen

my original piece

just finished putting the hardware and doors back on

My finished piece!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Hammers said...

Looks good. Good work! Welcome home! We will have to do something soon.

The Scherbel Family said...

I love the new color! You have a real eye for this kind of thing.

Amber Jenks said...

Good job! It looks great! Ps.. when did you move back? And where at it Ogden are you?

Abong said...

good for you! i like the red, it's cute. you should go buy old piece from the DI and redo them and sell them on KSL.