THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Something I find myself being passionate about

stacked flat rock pile technique.

The project I finished on Saturday. I took a continuum course. It is one of those community classes. A lady taught me and 3 other people how to do faux painting on example boards. I could do it on a wall. I was in class from 9:30-3:30. We went over a bunch of different aspects, techniques, basics, advanced things. We learned how to make our own wallpaper, and how to do faux brick/rock. It would actually be done on the wall, but we used cardboard as a sample. We also learned to do mottling, ragging, sponging, tiling, marbleing, double-rolling, distressing, etc....... I am really excited I took this class. This is something I am passionate about. I would like to start doing furniture. I have always wanted to do furniture and walls, but never knew where to start, so I gave up. Now I have the little bit of knowledge to be able to start, and improvise, and learn. I now have the basics, I could follow the steps out of a book on a sample board, and perfect my techniques. Here are some things that I learned and took pictures of:



The weathered rock brick sample I made

closeup. You can see the cardboard as my "grout"

top left: regular double-rolling, top right: marble tile, bottom: raised cracked marble

I just showed this as an example, that the "brick" could be used as a backsplash behind the counter. Of course, it would definitely have to be sealed very well.

close-ups of the self-made wallpaper

I loved doing all this!

This is mine and the other woman's pieces. Mine is on the bottom. I am a perfectionist. Can you tell? :)

3 comments:

The Hamilton's said...

That is so cool Carly! Now you can come give me some hinters! Looks awsome! "She's Crafty"

Anonymous said...

Hey Karlee it's Melissa I found your blog off of someone elses. It's good to be able to hear about you!

Lindsay said...

That is really cool! I had no idea you were talented like that. It looked fantastic!