THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Our life in Farmington so far

















Life has certainly been interesting. We still do not have our things from the moving truck, and we have not heard from them. We are hoping that it gets here soon. We have just been getting to know the area. There are a ton of trails around here. The Animas river is really pretty, and there are tons of spots to go across the bridges, and hang out by the river. I have really extensive plans for our townhouse. I am going to do a tuscany theme and I am excited to get started. The Hobby Lobby down here is amazing and has the best things and sales I have ever seen! Enough about that... We went into Albuquerque yesterday (3.5 hours away) to go to the temple. They do things completely different than Utah temples. Little things. They do the endowment and everything the same. Just little things like the dressing room, and things. I so wish I had my camera on the way back. The clouds were so dark and black, and lightning everywhere ahead lighting the land and sky brighter than day, and torrents of rain so hard and fast, we had to shout to talk, and I thought it was going to bust the windshield. It also came down so fast, that we could not see
(and we were on a highway) there were rivers rushing down the street and the wipers could not wipe it off fast enough. I have never seen anything like it. I will catch it with my camera the next time it happens. It was amazing.


Well, other fun things that has happened. When we moved in, there is a spot on the ceiling that clearly shows water damage. They got it fixed a year ago. A few days ago, Shawn had taken a shower, and downstairs, the carpet was soaked. I had to put a bowl under it and it just leaked and leaked through 2 small holes in the ceiling. Well, there was a hole in our shower. We caulked it, and it's as good as new. We still have that ugly, unsightly water damage on our ceiling though.


On another note, I took a picture of all the things at the hobby lobby that I got on sale for about 50 bucks total. Awesome sale!


The last thing I wanted to mention, is that the sunsets here are spectacular. There has been really pretty ones every day we have been here.

picture 1: hobby lobby goods
picture 2: Albuquerque temple

picture 3: sunset above townhouse

picture 4: another sunset picture
picture 5: 2 small holes water came out of

picture 6: water damage

No comments: